A NuHope, A New Beginning
March 26, 2018 | Recovery, Therapy
It’s time to do something different.
Since 1999, opioid prescription deaths have increased by more than five times, and over 200,000 people have died from prescription opioids.1
Our team of experts will not only be working with the patients in our facility but will add their knowledge base to this blog so that they can be a resource to all.
During this blog series, we will:
- Encourage and support the victims of drug abuse with answers, testimonials and up to date information on the epidemic.
- Separate the facts from the misconceptions surrounding opiate abuse, and it’s treatments.
- Highlight the success stories of the people that are on their way to lifelong recovery from opiate addiction; what they went through, their experience and where they are now.
- Learn from the experts in our centers and discover the psychological and physical components of addiction, and how that differs from the chemical addiction in the brain.
- Cut through the medical jargon as much as possible talking plainly about this complicated issue.
NuHope’s name was chosen to represent a new hope for this problem, and its brand was designed around the U, because everything we do begins and ends with you. You complete the circle.
- Hedegaard H, Warner M, Miniño AM. Drug overdose deaths in the United States, 1999–2016. NCHS Data Brief, no 294. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics. 2017